2nd & 3rd Grade Nonfiction Comprehension Bundle
⭐️Over 100 printable and digital passages aligned to each 2nd and 3rd grade nonfiction Common Core standard. Includes all of the second and third grade CCSS informational text standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 2nd and 3rd Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
⭐️ If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard based question sets, and a corresponding standards based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 2nd grade & 3rd grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for second and third grade is 420L-820L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and custom content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
★ Emily H. said, “This is such a great pack, I love that there are seasonal and generic passages so that the standards and be taught throughout the year in fun ways.”
★ Elizabeth L. said, “This was an amazing resource! It really helped during small groups and centers/seatwork. Thank you!”
★ Jenn A. said, “I love this packet! The structure of each passage across different standards is very helpful. I love that there are lower level passages that I can use for my 3rd graders who need a lighter load for reading sometimes.”
1. Answer Questions in Nonfiction Text- RI.2.1 & RI.3.1
2. Topic, Main Idea, & Details Reading Comprehension- RI.2.2 & RI.3.2
3. Connect Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, Steps in Procedures- RI.2.3 & RI.3.3
4. Context Clues in Nonfiction Text- RI.2.4 & RI.3.4
5. Author’s Purpose- To Answer, Explain, or Describe- RI.2.6
6. Author’s Point of View- RI.3.6
7. Non Fiction Text Images- RI.2.7 & RI.3.7
8. How Reasons Support Points- RI.2.8
9. Text Structure: Connecting Sentences and Paragraphs- RI.3.8
10. Compare and Contrast Informational Texts on the Same Topic- RI.2.9 & RI.3.9
11. Read and Comprehend Informational Text- RI.2.10 & RI.3.10
12. Nonfiction Text Features – 2nd Grade RI.2.5 & 3rd Grade RI.3.5
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.