⭐️Over 100 printable and digital fiction passages including stories, fables, myths, tall tales, folktales, fairytales, plays, and poems aligned to each 3rd grade Common Core standard. Includes all of the CCSS reading literature standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 3rd Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
⭐️ If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard-based question sets, and a corresponding standards-based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 3rd grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for second and third grade is 420L-820L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – The color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard-based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard-based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and custom content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
★ Jenn A. said, “This was an excellent purchase! So comprehensive with gradual release practice work for students! I have used it so many times already!”
★ Lynda G. said, “Very valuable resource. It has really helped my 3rd graders with comprehension.”
★ Jennifer F. said, “These are fabulous!! I have used them in guided reading groups, as assessments and as homework. I love your products!!”
1. Answer Questions in Fiction Text- RL.3.1
2. Aesop’s Fables- RL.3.2
3. Folktales and Fairytales From Around the World- RL.3.2
4. Recount Tall Tales- RL.3.2
5. Greek Myths- RL.3.2
6. Describe Characters in a Story- RL.3.3
7. Figurative Language in Poetry and Stories- RL.3.4
8. Context Clues in Fiction Stories- 3rd Grade RL.3.4
9. Text Structure in Stories, Plays, & Poems- RL.3.5
10. Point of View- 2nd & 3rd Grade- RL.2.6 & RL.3.6
11. Understanding Text & Illustrations- 2nd & 3rd Grade RL.2.7 & RL.3.7
12. Compare and Contrast Stories in a Series- 3rd grade RL.3.9
13. Comprehend Literature- 2nd & 3rd Grade RL.2.10 & RL.3.10
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
There are no reviews yet.