Multiplication & Division – 3rd Grade Math “Mermaid” Escape Room
⭐ This 3rd grade multiplication and division escape room is a truly immersive experience! Students complete 2 digit by 1 digit and 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication and division questions and word problems to help the fisherman get his wallet from the mermaid. To complete these challenges, students work through four math problem sets where they
- Practice determining unknown whole numbers in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers
- Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10–90 using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
Students put their answers to the Mermaid Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This resource is highly engaging and a low prep activity with printable and digital formats both included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Mermaid Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a mermaid storyline come together to engage students while developing, enforcing, and reviewing multiplication & division skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Mermaid-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of determining unknown whole numbers in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers. Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10–90 using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
- Print and Digital Directions
- Challenge #1: Find the missing factors to get the seashells.
- Challenge #2: Find the missing divisors and dividends to get the fish eggs.
- Challenge #3: Multiply by tens to get the pearls.
- Challenge #4: Solve the word problems to get the doubloons.
- Mermaid Escape Room Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Math Escape Room Growing Bundle – 3rd Grade
Whole Number Products – 3rd Grade Math “Atlantis” Escape Room
3rd Grade Math Review – School Escape Room
Partitions and Fractions Geometry 3rd Grade Math Escape Room
Categorize Shapes Geometry Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 3rd Grade
There are no reviews yet.