⭐ This 2nd Grade Reading Comprehension Curriculum bundle contains 19 skill focused units. This bundle has everything you need for teaching, developing, and reinforcing every 2nd grade reading comprehension skill. Each unit includes Lexile® leveled guided reading packets, digital mini-lessons, skill-based Core Comprehension™ close reading units, skill-focused printable task cards, and digital Boom Cards. Lesson plans are also included to help teachers plan and implement the resources effectively. All resources come in printable and digital formats for effective classroom and distance learning.
⭐️ The resources in this curriculum bundle are aligned to Common Core Standards. If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching and reviewing all 2nd grade reading comprehension skills.
✏️Lexile Levels – Qualifying texts contain certified Lexile measures to make scaffolding and differentiation easy. Levels vary across the 2nd and 3rd Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for second and third grade is 420L-820L).
✏️Flexible Format Options – All resources come in digital and printable versions – making them flexible for classroom and distance learning. The Guided Readers can be accessed as online readers, printable readers, printable passages, and Google Slides. Core Comprehension passages include both printable PDF and Google Slides formats. Task cards include both printable PDF and digital Boom Card™ formats.
✏️Comprehensive – Each Skill Pack unit contains everything you need to teach a specific 2nd grade reading comprehension skill. Digital Mini-Lessons are perfect for introducing a skill. Core Comprehension units include anchor charts and texts with skill focused questions that are perfect for modeling, small groups, and individual assignments. Guided reading packets contain texts differentiated on three levels along with fluency and comprehension tests. Task cards and digital Boom Cards are perfect for practice, small groups, and more.
✏️Scaffolding – Qualifying texts are leveled using the Lexile Framework® for Reading. A mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold guided practice, independent work, and homework. Included resources are great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Each unit contains original and adapted texts and stories with high-quality images and custom illustrations designed to engage students and promote success.
This resource contains 19 Skill Packs covering the following skills:
Informational Text Units
- Asking & Answering Questions in Nonfiction
- Main Idea & Details
- Making Connections
- Context Clues in Nonfiction
- Nonfiction Text Features
- Author’s Purpose
- Text & Images in Nonfiction
- Reasons Support Points
- Compare & Contrast Nonfiction
- Comprehending Nonfiction Texts
- Asking & Answering Questions in Fiction
- Recounting Stories: Fables, Folktales & Myths
- Characters Respond to Events & Challenges
- Words & Phrases in Poetry
- Story Structure
- Point of View
- Compare Versions of the Same Story
- Comprehending Literature
Skill Focused Lesson Plans
- Each unit contains two week long lesson plans built around proven teaching strategies and integrating the resources included in each unit.
Digital Mini Lessons
- Google Slides format makes this resource flexible for any classroom or distance learning need.
- Five skill focused mini-lessons with engaging video lessons and links to integrated YouTube mentor text read alouds.
- Skill focused interactive anchor charts, questions, and activities allow students to learn each important skill.
- Teachers can use this as a presentation for their mini lessons in school or virtually.
- This resource can also be used as self-guided lessons for virtual learning.
Guided Reading Packet (Digital & Printable)
- Skill focused guided reader differentiated on three levels.
- Professionally Lexile leveled original text.
- Printable PDF, digital reader, printable booklet, and Google Slides versions make this perfect for any classroom or distance learning need.
- Includes integrated reading fluency checks, small group plans, comprehension questions, and skill-focused graphic organizers.
Core Comprehension Passages & Questions (Digital & Printable)
- Lexile® leveled reading comprehension passages and skill-focused question sets.
- Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
- Printable PDF & Digital Google Slides versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning.
- Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and skill-focused test passages.
- Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied within the second and third grade bands.
Task Cards (Digital & Printable)
- Set of 30 task cards with short passages and standard aligned multiple choice questions.
- Printable & Boom Card formats included.
- Perfect for centers, scavenger hunt, scoot, games, whole class practice, exit tickets, and more!