Virtual Field Trip to the Egg Farm
⭐️Let’s all take a field trip! In this Virtual Field Trip, students visit various egg farms to learn about chickens, various poultry farming methods, and how eggs are produced. This virtual field trip is assembled using embedded videos, Google Earth, images, and more!
⭐️Resource integrates a variety of skills. Students complete reading and writing assignments along with watching videos, using maps, and completing activities like image sorts. Incorporates key reading comprehension, writing, multimedia, science, and other skills.
*Please note: This resource includes YouTube videos, so ensure you and your students have access to YouTube before purchasing. Although great care has been taken to ensure all content is appropriate for the stated grade levels, each classroom is unique and it is recommended that teachers review all content prior to use. This resource uses links to third party content that may be changed or removed by the content owner. Links are reviewed regularly; however, if you find a broken link, please let me know so I can update the resource accordingly.
✏️Google Slides Format – Format is perfect for distance learning. Slides are interactive and can be used as a fun and engaging exercise within the classroom or remotely.
✏️Virtual Video Tours – Video tours of various farms and egg processing facilities show students different poultry farming methods and how eggs are produced.
✏️Reading Comprehension Integration – Integrates key reading skills like compare & contrast, multimedia, multiple sources, and more.
✏️Writing & Science – Virtual field trip helps students understand more about the world around them and uses writing prompts to explore their reactions and ideas.
- Build Background Knowledge: All About Chickens
- Build Background Knowledge: Why Do We Farm Eggs?
- Explore Different Types of Egg Farms
- Let’s Take a Trip: Canada and Ontario Maps
- Virtual Field Trip to an Enriched Colony Farm
- Virtual Field Trip to a Free Range Farm
- Egg Farming Sequencing
- Compare and Contrast Enriched Colony Farms and Free Range Farms
- Opinion Writing
- What happens to the eggs after they leave the farm?
- Egg Farm Family
- Inquiry and Further Questions
*Answer Key Included
This resource is suitable for the following grade levels:
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: With teacher modeling, whole class, or small groups.
- 4th & 5th Grade: Independent for on-level students.
Time to Complete: