This mentor text unit uses the picture book The Sandwich Swap by Queen Rania and is perfect for teaching cultural diversity and tolerance. This cross-curricular unit includes five days of reading, writing, math, and social studies activities based on this picture book. It is available in both print and digital Google Slides, so it is perfect for classroom and distance learning.
Teacher read-aloud questions
✏️Student sheets focused on comprehension and writing a response
✏️Response activities to promote awareness of Indigenous cultures and values
✏️Links for reading aloud and research
- Introduction to the Story The Sandwich Swap
- Vocabulary cards: tolerance, diversity, culture
- About the Author: Queen Rania of Jordan Article and Questions
- Map to locate the Middle East and Jordan.
- Sticky Note Comprehension Questions for The Sandwich Swap
- Hummus & Pita vs. Peanut butter and Jelly Class Graph
- Writing Prompts Based on Story (4)
- A Day In My Life: Aadila Reading Passage
- Venn Diagram Craft
- Compare and Contrast Comprehension Questions
- Salma and Lily coloring toppers