Florida BEST Reading Task Card Bundle – 5th Grade
⭐️ These task cards are perfect for addressing all Florida BEST ELA Reading and Vocabulary standards.
⭐️This is a GROWING bundle. More sets will be added, and the price will increase. If you purchase early, you will receive all future additions for free.
- 30 short passages with various text structures
- 1 Multiple Choice Question for Each Passage
- Challenge Card
- Recording Template
- Answer Key
- Plot Development ELA.5.R.1.1
- Theme ELA.5.R.1.2
- Character Perspective ELA.5.R.1.3
- Figurative Language in Poems ELA.5.R.1.4
- Text Features ELA.5.R.2.1
- Text Structure ELA.5.R.2.1
- Central Idea and Relevant Details ELA.5.R.2.2
- Author’s Purpose ELA 5.R.2.3
- Author’s Perspective ELA.5.R.2.3
- Author’s Claim and Evidence ELA.5.R.2.4
- Summarize Fiction ELA.5.R.3.2
- Summarize Nonfiction ELA.5.R.3.2
- Figurative Language Across Genres ELA.5.R.3.1
- Compare and Contrast Accounts Primary and Secondary Sources ELA.5.R.3.3
- Prefixes ELA.5.V.1.2
- Roots ELA.5.V.1.2
- Suffixes ELA.5.V.1.2
- Synonyms and Antonyms ELA.5.V.1.3
- Homonyms ELA.5.V.1.3
- Homophones ELA.5.V.1.3
The following sets are also included in my CCSS bundle:
Story Elements, Theme, Text Features, Summarizing Fiction
Some sets for 4th and 5th grade are the same. Do not purchase both bundles separately.
✏️ Centers – These are perfect to use in centers and independent/partner work.
✏️ Scoot – Pass out one card for each student. Set a timer and say, “scoot!” when the timer goes off. Students move seats to the next card. They continue to rotate until they are back at their original seat.
✏️ Scavenger Hunt – Hide cards around the room. Students search for cards and answer them.
✏️ Games – Number block tower blocks. Students stack the blocks, then take turns pulling blocks. Students answer the corresponding number card.
✏️ Whole-Class Practice – Teacher displays card on the projector. Students answer on mini-whiteboards.
✏️ Exit Tickets – Give each student a task card at the end of the lesson. Have them answer on a sticky note.