⭐️This Reading Review Packet is perfect for assigning as take home work over extended breaks or unexpected absences. Print and go resource contains a collection of material from my best selling resources to give you everything you need to provide students with an effective homework reading activity packet.
⭐️Perfect for assigning during extended breaks. Letter to parents provides engagement for parental guidance with packet material and additional reading activities.
⭐️Includes Certificate of Completion.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure within the 2nd grade and 3rd grade Common Core Reading Band.
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Various Reading Skills – Mix of passages, vocabulary, and other skill based worksheets make this packet perfect for preventing regression over long breaks.
✏️Test Focused Skills – School may be postponed, but testing will most likely happen right on schedule. These passages, worksheets, and activities will keep students sharp
1. Letter to Parents
2. Three Week Home Learning Schedule
3. Independent Reading Tic-Tac-Toe Exercises
4. Week 1 Activities:
- Week 1, Day 1
- Word Work: Long A
- Reading Comprehension: French Fries
- Writing: Narrative Brainstorm
- Week 1, Day 2
- Word Work: Affix Sort
- Reading Comprehension: The Lion and the Mouse
- Writing: Narrative Planning
- Week 1, Day 3
- Word Work: Diagraph Vocab Practice
- Reading Comprehension: How to Make Pancakes
- Writing: Narrative Draft
- Week 1, Day 4 & Day 5
- Word Work: Alphabetical Order
- Reading Comprehension: Class Trip & A Day at the Amusement Park
- Writing: Narrative Book Final Copy
5. Week 2 Activities:
- Week 2, Day 1
- Word Work: R-Controlled Vocabulary Practice
- Reading Comprehension: Kangaroos and Wallabies
- Writing: Opinion Brainstorm
- Week 2, Day 2
- Word Work: Affix Color Code
- Reading Comprehension: A Doggy Day
- Writing: Opinion Writing Planning
- Week 2, Day 3
- Word Work: R Controlled Vocabulary Practice
- Reading Comprehension: Lions and Tigers, Oh My!
- Writing: Opinion Writing Draft
- Week 2, Day 4 & Day 5
- Word Work: Dictionary Skills
- Reading Comprehension: A Treat for Grandmother & Man vs. Child
- Writing: Opinion Writing Final
6. Week 3 Activities:
- Week 3, Day 1
- Word Work: Wr/ Kn Words
- Reading Comprehension: H-O-N-E-S-T-Y
- Writing: Explanatory Planning
- Week 3, Day 2
- Word Work: Synonym Rolls
- Reading Comprehension: Humpback Whales
- Writing: Explanatory Draft
- Week 3, Day 3
- Word Work: Digital Thesaurus
- Reading Comprehension: Missing Emily
- Writing: Explanatory Final Copy
- Week 3, Day 4
- Word Work: Context Clues (2 pages)
- Reading Comprehension: The Water Cycle
- Writing: Final Copy
- Week 3, Day 5
- Word Work: Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension: A Jelly Fish
- Writing: Free Verse Poem
7. Certificate of Completion
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
There are no reviews yet.