Main Idea Differentiated Bundle – 4th, 5th & 6th Grades
⭐️Students of all reading levels can learn and practice main idea skills with these 24 unique Lexile® certified close reading comprehension passages and question sets that span CCSS Text Complexity Bands for 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.
⭐️Reading comprehension passages are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing main idea & central idea skills. Aligned to RI4.2 RI5.2 & RI6.2, students learn to identify the topic, main idea, and details of a text, and the focus of specific paragraphs within the text. Differentiation allows scaffolding for each student.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for helping students learn main idea skills.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and four skills-focused test passages. Questions for passages focus on the specific standard for each grade range.
⭐️Broad differentiation makes this bundle perfect for:
- 4th & 5th grade classes with on, and above-level readers
- 6th grade classes with below and on-level readers
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 4th grade/5th grade and 6th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for fourth and fifth grade is 740L-1010L and the range for sixth grade is 925L-1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – The color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard-based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality photographs designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
★ Samantha S. said, “Great Resource! The kids were engaged the whole time and loved being able to use their crayons to go back into the text. Thanks for a great product!”
★ Kaitlyn C. said, “Great for differentiation with interesting information that’s students love to read!”
★ Helen B. said, “This was a great resource! I love how the lexiles are included and there is a place for students to write their answers as well as go back and find the answers with a highlighter!”
★ Karen T. said, “My students and I love the format and topics of this resource. The students learn how to be ‘active readers’ and ‘provide evidence’.”
Resource 1: Main Idea and Details in Nonfiction 4th Grade RI.4.2 5th Grade RI.5.2
1. Types of Main Idea & Details Anchor Chart/ Journal Page
2. Practice Passages & Question Sets
- The Blobfish- 740L
- The Scientific Method- 760L
- How to Resolve Conflict- 800L
- The Three Branches of Government- 880L
- America’s Youngest Ambassador- 880L
- The Sections of the Orchestra- 890L
- The History of Chewing Gum- 920L
- Downloading Digital Media- 960L
- North American Plains Indians- 970L
- The History of Teddy Bears- 980L
3. Test Passages & Question Sets
- Constellations- 750L
- Babe Ruth- 890L
Resource 2: Central Idea – 6th Grade RI.6.2
1. Central Idea Anchor Chart
2. Central Idea Practice Passages & Question Sets
- The Importance of Role Models- 920L
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus- 950L
- Buzz Aldrin- 980L
- Shooting Stars- 1020L
- The Negative Effects of Smoking- 1040L
- Lucille Ball- 1060L
- The History of Trampolines- 1090L
- Orca Whales- 1120L
- America’s Pastime- 1120L
- The Pony Express- 1150L
3. Central Idea Test Passages & Question Sets
- Ladybugs- 960L
- Protests- 1020L
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
Resources Included with Main Idea Differentiated Bundle – 4th, 5th & 6th Grades
Main Idea & Details – 4th & 5th RI.4.2 & RI.5.2
There are no reviews yet.