Virtual Field Trip through the Human Body
⭐️Let’s all take a field trip! In this Virtual Field Trip, students take a journey as a doctor for an exciting and educational cross-curricular learning experience! Students will learn about the human body including the skeletal system, nervous system, heart, digestive system, and the integumentary system. This virtual field trip in Google Slides & Seesaw contains embedded videos (Google) & video links (Seesaw), images, reading passages, exercises, writing activities, and more.
⭐️This resource integrates a variety of science, reading, critical thinking, and writing skills. Students complete reading and writing assignments along with watching videos and completing thought-provoking exercises. Incorporates key reading comprehension, writing, multimedia, interdisciplinary studies, and other skills.
NGSS Science Aligned
- 4-PS4-2. Develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
- 4-LS1-1. Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
- 4-LS1-2. Use a model to describe that animals receive different types of information through their senses, process the information in their brain, and respond to the information in different ways.
*Please note: This resource includes YouTube videos, so ensure you and your students have access to YouTube before purchasing. Although great care has been taken to ensure all content is appropriate for the stated grade levels, each classroom is unique and it is recommended that teachers review all content prior to use. This resource uses links to third party content that may be changed or removed by the content owner. Links are reviewed regularly; however, if you find a broken link, please let me know so I can update the resource accordingly.
✏️Google Slides & Seesaw Formats – These interactive formats are perfect for classroom and distance learning. Slides are interactive and can be used as a fun and engaging exercise within the classroom or remotely.
✏️Engaging Interactive Maps & Virtual Video Tours – Interactive maps & virtual video tours take students inside the action.
✏️Reading Comprehension – Integrates key reading skills like compare & contrast, multimedia, multiple sources, and more.
✏️Writing & Science – This virtual field trip helps students understand more about the world around them and uses writing prompts to explore their reactions and ideas.
- All About Your Body!
- The Doctor Is In!
- What is the skeletal system?
- What is the muscular system?
- The Heart is a Muscle!
- Pulse Check
- What is the nervous system?
- Nervous System
- What is the digestive system?
- Digesting Food!
- What is the integumentary system?
- True or False
- The Skin You’re In!
- Chart Notes More to Explore!
Answer Key Included
Take a closer look at what this virtual field trip looks like in this video preview.
This resource is suitable for the following grade levels:
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: With teacher modeling, whole class, or small groups.
- 4th & 5th Grade: Independent for on-level students.
Time to Complete: