Types of Poems – 3rd Grade – ELA.3.R.1.4
⭐️These Lexile® leveled close reading stories are perfect for teaching 3rd grade students the types of poems. Students will read poetry and learn how to identify different types of poems by analyzing elements in poetry, as well as gather meaning. Students will also need to identify elements of poetry including rhyme, pattern, repetition, rhythm, syllables, figurative language such as similes and metaphors. This packet is designed to specifically fit 3rd grade Florida B.E.S.T standard ELA.3.R.1.4 but can be used by anyone teaching types of poems.
⭐️Includes Lexile leveled passages, standard based questions, anchor charts, and hands-on cut-and-paste visuals to help students master this skill.
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- How to use this resource
- Types of Poems Chart
- Free Verse
- Fog By Carl Sandburg
- A Jellyfish By Marianne Moore
- The 100th Day of School (Original)
4. Rhymed Verse
- Trees By Joyce Kilmer
- The Eagle By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- Who Has Seen the Wind? By Christina Rossetti
- Over the Wintry By Natsume Sōseki
- In the Twilight Rain By Matsuo Bashō
- Summer Greeting (Original)
- Stylish By Edwin C. Ranck
- Book of Nonsense Limerick 27 By Edward Lear
- A Flea and a Fly in a Flue By Ogden Nash
7. Other Types of Poems (1 Page Worksheets)
8. Elements of Poetry (Prompts)
- Similes and Metaphors
- Rhyme Patterns
9. Types of Poetry Assessment
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
There are no reviews yet.