⭐️Over 125 passages aligned to each 5th grade Common Core standard. The digital Google Slides format is perfect for distance learning. Includes all of the CCSS informational text nonfiction standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 5th Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band. If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard-based question sets, and a corresponding standards-based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
⭐️This printable and digital resource is compatible with Google Drive and Google Slides. ️
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 5th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for fourth and fifth grade is 740L-1010L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – The color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard-based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard-based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and custom content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
❤ Donna B. said, “This product saved my life this year! I’m new to teaching in a common core state and this helped me learn the standards and what the kids need to know. The leveled passages were a lifesaver as well, because my small group stations were ready to go. ”
❤ Theresa R. said, “Love this resource.”
❤ Kimberly O. said, “I am so excited to use this resource in the classroom. It is thorough and easy for the students to use. Excellent practice with the standards.”
This bundle contains all of the resources listed below.
1. Making Inferences and Explicit Details 4th & 5th Grade Nonfiction RI.4.1 RI.5.1
2. Main Idea and Details in Nonfiction 4th Grade RI.4.2 5th Grade RI.5.2
3. Historical, Scientific and Technical Text 4th & 5th Grade RI.4.3 RI.5.3
4. Context Clues in Nonfiction 4th Grade RI.4.4 & 5th Grade RI.5.4
5. Compare and Contrast 5th Grade – Nonfiction Text Structure RI.5.5
6. Compare and Contrast Topics from Different Points of View 5th Grade RI.5.6
7. Compare & Contrast Events from Multiple Accounts- 5th Grade RI.5.6
8. Information from Multiple Sources- 5th Grade RI.5.7
9. Reasons and Evidence Support Points 4th Grade RI.4.8 & 5th Grade RI.5.8
10. Integrate Information from Multiple Texts 4th Grade RI.4.9 & 5th Grade RI.5.9
11. Comprehend Scientific, Historical, & Technical Text RI.4.10 RI.5.10
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.