Central Idea – RI.7.2 | RI.8.2
⭐️These 12 printable Lexile® leveled passages are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing 7th grade & 8th grade RI.7.2 & RI.8.2 skills. Determine two or more central ideas in a text and analyze their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text, including its relationship to supporting ideas; provide an objective summary of the text.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching central idea.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and two skills focused test passages. Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied within the seventh grade and eighth grade text complexity band.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 7th & 8th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for sixth through eighth grade is 925L to 1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality images designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- Central Idea & Theme /Anchor Chart
- Central Idea & Summary Practice Work
- Spectacular Sights of the City Skylines (1010L)
- Whacky Weather (1020L)
- Unicorns of the Sea: The Narwhals Plight for Survival (1040L)
- Far Out: The James Webb Space Telescope (1040L)
- Fishing in Frozen Perils (1060L)
- A Scandalous Presidency: Corruption in the Cabinet (1070L)
- Paying the Price With Pod Pollution (1130L)
- The Smartphone Microscope (1130L)
- 3D Printing: The Shape of Tomorrow (1190L)
- The Shields-Etheridge Farm: The End of a Way of Life (1190L)
- Electrifying the Roads: Unleashing the Power of the EV (950L)
- A Nation Repays Its Debts: The National Soldiers’ Home and Cemetery in Dayton, Ohio(1160L)