Meaning of Words and Phrases – RI.7.4 | RI.8.4
⭐️These 12 printable Lexile® leveled passages are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing 7th grade & 8th grade RI.7.4 & RI.8.4 skills. Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching the meaning of words and phrases.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and two skills focused test passages. Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied within the seventh grade and eighth grade text complexity band.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 7th & 8th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for sixth through eighth grade is 925L to 1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality images designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- Meaning of Words & Phrases Anchor Chart
- Meaning of Words & Phrases Practice Work
- The Chilean Desert Miner Rescue (940L)
- The Grey Man of Pawleys Island (960L)
- Hybrid Animals (980L)
- The History of Granola (1020L)
- Who is Misty Copeland? (1060L)
- Will You Be Replaced? (1080L)
- William Kamkwamba and the Wind (1150L)
- Kitesurfing (1160L)
- Is Reiki Right for You? (1160L)
- The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire (1160L)
- Recycling Gone Bad (960L)
- Bringing Back Shop Class (1170L)