Gingerbread House Escape Room & Webscape™ -1st Grade
⭐ This 1st grade gingerbread house reading comprehension escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students read passages and answer skill-based questions as they help Hansel & Gretel to escape from the witch who’s more than happy to have them for dinner! In this escape room, students are asked to complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to read passages and answer multiple choice questions. Students add their answers to the Decoder Tool and complete each challenge to successfully escape from the witch and collect the gingerbread parts to build a gingerbread house.
**View the video walkthrough of this resource here.
⭐This escape room comes in both digital Google Slides and printable versions, so it’s perfect for classroom and distance learning. In the digital version, the puzzle pieces are digitally cut and pasted to the puzzle board.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing reading comprehension skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
⭐ This escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio to go along with the reading passages and questions. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable answer sheet to track their answers.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Google Slides/Forms and print versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each passage and question set in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Gingerbread House Escape Room – 1st Grade
- Gingerbread House-themed Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Puzzle Pieces
- Answer Key
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room & Webscape™
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.