1st Grade Florida B.E.S.T. Reading Comprehension Bundle
⭐️This first grade reading comprehension bundle covers all of the Florida BEST literature and informational standards, plus more! This will give your students plenty of practice all year!
⭐️Includes anchor charts, guided practice, many Lexile leveled passages, and assessments for every standard.
⭐️14 Complete Units with the same format and structure.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 1st grade Text Complexity Band (the range for first grade is 190L – 530L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- ELA.1.R.1 Story Elements
- ELA.1.R.1.2 Moral (Coming soon!)
- ELA.1.R.1.3 Point of View
- ELA.1.R.1.4 Poetry Structure
- ELA.1.R.2.1 Nonfiction Text Features
- ELA.1.R.2.2 Topic and Details
- ELA.1.R.2.3 Visuals and Words
- ELA.1.R.2.4 Author’s Opinion
- ELA.1.R.3.1 Descriptive Words
- ELA.1.R.3.2 Retell Fiction
- ELA.1.R.3.2 Retell Nonfiction
- ELA.1.R.3.3 Compare and Contrast Fiction
- ELA.1.R.3.3 Compare and Contrast Nonfiction
- ELA.2.V.1.3 Context Clues
*Please Note: Many of these passages are also used in my Common Core Comprehension Units. If you previously purchased this bundle, contact me for a discount before purchasing this bundle.
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.