1st Grade Ask & Answer Jungle Safari Escape Room
✨ Embark on an exciting reading adventure with this Ask & Answer Questions Reading Comprehension Escape Room, specially designed to make 1st-grade reading practice engaging and fun! With an immersive theme, fun story, standard focused content, and custom videos, your students will be engaged in meaningful reading practice. Captivate your students with this interactive reading comprehension activity that will leave them wanting more.
➢ In this thrilling escape room, students are transported to the jungle where they must embark on a Safari quest to complete the Jungle Tree House. By reading engaging passages and answering skill-based questions, they unlock puzzle pieces that fit together to form the magnificent treehouse.
➢ With four exciting challenges, students read passages and answer standard-focused multiple-choice questions. As they successfully complete each challenge, they unlock new videos and collect valuable pieces for their puzzle, bringing them closer to accomplishing their mission.
➢ This 1st grade reading escape room provides a truly immersive experience for students to practice and enhance their reading skills. It’s an adventure that combines learning and excitement, ensuring an unforgettable journey to better literacy.
⭐ This ask & answer questions escape room comes in the following digital and print formats:
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. Once they complete the questions, they collect a piece of the treehouse for their puzzle.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable puzzle and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⚡ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a jungle safari theme all come together to engage students while practicing answering questions in fiction and nonfiction.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version require YouTube access.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each passage and question set in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important RI.1.1 CCSS reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
⭐ This was really fun to practice answering questions!
⭐ My students love this resource!
- Jungle-themed Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Puzzle Pieces
- Answer Key
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.