2nd Grade Math Catch an Elf Escape Room & Webscape™
⭐ This 2nd grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfect for your class! Students complete challenges to catch an elf! To complete these challenges, students work through four math problem sets where they solve place value, word problems, shapes, and more. Students add their answers to the Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge.
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Magic Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Magic Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing mathematics skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important mathematics skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
- Print and Digital Directions
- Challenge #1: Solve the place value problems to find the cookies.
- Challenge #2: Solve the word problems to find the snow.
- Challenge #3: Solve the shapes problems to find the sled.
- Challenge #4: Solve the “find the mistake” problems to find the fireplace.
- Catch an Elf Escape Room Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade but with questions on a 2nd grade level.
The Webscape and Google slides versions are self-grading; however, these versions are created to require critical thinking. Students are NOT told which answers are incorrect to prevent guessing and encourage students to think critically about the clues and their responses.
Math Escape Room GROWING Bundle – 2nd Grade
Add & Subtract Four Numbers “Robot” 2nd Grade Math Escape Room
Money “Mermaid” Escape Room – 2nd Grade Math
Measurement Summer Sports Escape Room – 2nd Grade Math
2nd Grade Math Review – School Escape Room
Fractions 2nd Grade Math Escape Room
2D and 3D Shapes Geometry Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 2nd Grade
There are no reviews yet.