4th Grade Math Earth Day Escape Room
⭐ This 4th grade math escape room is a low prep/no-prep way to increase student engagement while practicing math skills. Students complete four math challenges to save planet earth.
You know, we aliens came to Earth to try to help your planet, but now four of my friends are stuck in some pretty polluted places! Please, help me pick them all up before this Earth Day is over.
To complete each challenge, students work through four math problem sets where they solve multiplication and division problems, place value, word, and geometry. Students add their answers to the Alien Rescue Decoder to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge.
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This no-prep web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Alien Rescue Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Alien Rescue Recording Brochure and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing mathematics skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important mathematics skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
- Print and Digital Directions
- Challenge #1: Solve the multiplication and division problems to save Commander Glibnar.
- Challenge #2: Solve the place value problems to help Petty Officer Globnix.
- Challenge #3: Solve the word problems to evacuate Lieutenant Ipsix.
- Challenge #4: Solve the geometry problems to rescue Exploration Officer Fiblar.
- Earth Day Alien Rescue Escape Room Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
The Webscape and Google slides versions are self-grading; however, these versions are created to require critical thinking. Students are NOT told which answers are incorrect to prevent guessing and encourage students to think critically about the clues and their responses.