5th Grade Math Review – School Escape Room
This end of the year themed 5th grade math review escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of students ready for summer vacation! Students complete challenges to finish their homework, ace chemistry class, dodge a food fight, and pass their last test. To complete these challenges, stay out of detention, and earn summer break, students work through four math review problem sets. Students practice working with decimals, solving word problems, multiplying fractions, and finding volume as they escape detention to enjoy the summer break. Students add their answers to the School Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This end of year math escape room challenge is an engaging and low prep activity with printable and two digital versions included!
⭐ This end of the year math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This no-prep web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Recording Brochure and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing mathematics skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource the perfect end of the year activity for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Escape detention for summer vacation – themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of working with decimals, solving word problems, multiplying fractions, and finding volume.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital versions require NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
5th Grade End of Year Math Review Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Escape the School Letter from the Principal
- Challenge #1: Solve decimal problems to finish your homework on the bus.
- Challenge #2: Solve word problems to ace chemistry class.
- Challenge #3: Multiply fractions to dodge the food fight.
- Challenge #4: Find the volume to pass the test.
- Escape Detention Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Teachers LOVE this end of the year activity!
“My students LOVED these resources. So engaging.” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th grade version but with problems and skills at a 5th grade level.