2D & 3D Shapes Geometry – Bandit Math Escape Room & Webscape™ – 2nd Grade
⭐ This 2nd grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of crime tracking enthusiasts! Students navigate their way through the city by completing challenges to help track down a pick pocketing bandit. To catch the bandit, students complete four unique math standards-based challenges. The challenges require students to practice identifying and sorting 2D and 3D shapes. Students add their answers to the Bandit Decoding Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students travel to various locations across the city on their way to solving this crime. This resource is a great engaging and low prep activity with printable and digital versions included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Bandit Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Bandit Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a “catch the bandit” storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing several standards-based mathematics skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Catch the bandit themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of identifying and sorting 2D and 3D shapes.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep. Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
2nd Grade Catch the Bandit Geometry Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Neighborhood Crime Watchers Mission Letter
- Challenge #1: Identify 2D shapes to go to the waterfront.
- Challenge #2: Identify 3D shapes to go to Chinatown.
- Challenge #3: Sort 2D shapes to go to the park.
- Challenge #4: Sort 3D shapes to go downtown.
- Catch the Bandit Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 3rd grade version but with problems and skills at a 2nd grade level.
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Comprehension Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
There are no reviews yet.