Comprehension Review Escape Room: Escape the Enchanted Forest – 4th & 5th Grade
⭐ This 4th and 5th grade reading comprehension review escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students navigate their way through the enchanted forest to save fairytale characters. Students complete eight unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to use their reading comprehension skills. Students add their answers to the Secret Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret code and complete each challenge. Students earn items used to break the spell and graduate earn their certificate of lordship.
⭐ This reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Secret Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, magical items, and a wizarding storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing main idea skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Google Slides/Forms and print versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each passage and question set in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Enchanted forest fairy tale backstory, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each short passage and question set was written to focus on key comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. Printable version is low prep.: Just print the pages, place in folders, and go. Printable version has option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Escape the Enchanted Forest Escape Room
- Letter from characters
- Build a brick house to save the three pigs
- Find Cinderella’s glass slippers and return her to the castle.
- Find the genie’s lamp and release him.
- Save Little Red Riding Hood and bring her to grandma’s house.
- Help Robin Hood defeat the bandits and return him to the forest.
- Save Snow White from the poison apple and bring her to the dwarf’s cottage.
- Rescue the lost prince.
- Find the fairy to break the magic spell.
- Certificate of Lordship
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 2nd and 3rd grade version, but with passages on a 4th and 5th grade level.
Characters, Settings, & Events Hero Escape Room – Google Slides & Printable 4th
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 4th & 5th
There are no reviews yet.