Gingerbread House Escape Room & Webscape™ – 2nd & 3rd Grade
⭐ This 2nd and 3rd grade gingerbread house reading comprehension escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students read passages and answer skill-based questions as they help Hansel & Gretel to escape from the witch who’s more than happy to have them for dinner! In this escape room, students are asked to complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to read passages and answer multiple choice questions. Students add their answers to the Decoder Tool and complete each challenge to successfully escape from the witch and collect the gingerbread parts to build a gingerbread house.
⭐ This reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Magic Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Magic Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing reading comprehension skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
“Gingerbread House” Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Gingerbread House Story
- Reading Comprehension Skills Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th and 5th grade version but with passages and questions on a 2nd and 3rd grade level.
Reading Comprehension Escape Room Bundle – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Locked in the Library Dictionary Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Compare & Contrast – Pyramid Tomb Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Author’s Purpose “Under the Sea” Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Save the Planet Reasons Support Points Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Comprehension Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Secret Garden Poetry Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
There are no reviews yet.