Grammar Review “Spot the Unicorn” Escape Room – 4th Grade
⭐ This 4th grade grammar review escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students read short passages and answer grammar review skill based questions as they work their way to find the four unicorns. Students must find the four hidden unicorns in four different environments and place them in the rainbow with their friends. In this escape room, students complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to complete different grammar skills. Students add their answers to the Unicorn Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge.
⭐ This grammar review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Unicorn Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a spot the unicorn storyline come together to engage students while developing and different grammar review skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Google Slides/Forms and print versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each passage and question set in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Spot the Unicorn story, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to improve compare and contrast themes and topics skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
- Spot the Unicorn Story
- Challenge #1: Grammar Knowledge
- Challenge #2:Grammar Knowledge
- Challenge #3: Grammar Knowledge
- Challenge #4: Grammar Knowledge
- Mission Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 5th grade version but with passages and questions on a 2nd grade level.