Groundhog Day Bundle – Grades 4-5
Celebrate Punxsutawney Phil like it’s the end of winter. He may be accurate only 36% of the time, but he’s a celebrity nonetheless. And your students can be too, with this bundle of amazingly fun and educational Groundhog Day resources.
This bundle contains the following resources:
1. Virtual Field Trip to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day
Ever wonder how Groundhog Day started? or why Punxsutawney, PA? Your students will learn all this and more while they visit Punxatawney for Groundhog Day – virtually of course (which is nice, especially since there are no permission slips needed).
This Virtual Field Trip to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day integrates a variety of social studies, scientific analysis, and comprehension skills. Students also complete reading and writing assignments along with watching videos and completing thought-provoking exercises. It incorporates key reading comprehension, writing, multimedia, social studies, science, and other skills.
- Google Slides & Seesaw Format – These interactive formats are perfect for classroom and distance learning. Slides are interactive and can be used as a fun and engaging exercise within the classroom or remotely.
- Engaging Interactive Maps & Virtual Video Tours – Interactive maps & virtual video tours take students inside the action.
- Reading Comprehension – Integrates key reading skills like compare & contrast, multimedia, multiple sources, and more.
- Writing & Science – Virtual field trip helps students understand more about the world around them and uses writing prompts to explore their reactions and ideas.
Take a closer look at what this virtual field trip looks like in this video preview.
This resource is suitable for the following grade levels:
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: With teacher modeling, whole class, or small groups.
- 4th & 5th Grade: Independent for on-level students.
Time to Complete: This virtual field trip takes approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete. The time it takes to complete can vary based on your students. It can be completed in one session or broken up into multiple sessions.
2. Groundhog Day Vocabulary Escape Room & Webscape
Now to the question that everyone wants to be answered: Will ole’ Phil see his shadow? Well, we’ll have to find him first! Your students will practice their vocabulary while assembling a crack team to spot the groundhog before Groundhog Day is over in this immersive digital and printable escape room. Integrated videos tell the story while students answer vocabulary questions to unlock the clues to solve the challenges.
This resource comes with all three of the following formats:
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Groundhog Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Groundhog Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
There are no reviews yet.