Locked in the Library Dictionary Escape Room – 4th & 5th Grade
⭐ This 4th and 5th grade dictionary skills escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students read passages and answer skill-based questions to escape the library. In this escape room, students are asked to complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to read passages and answer multiple choice questions. Students add their answers to the Decoder Tool to help them escape the library and complete each dictionary skills challenge to clear the mystery, comics, classics, and nonfiction sections of the library.
⭐ This dictionary skills escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Decoder Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing reading comprehension skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Dictionary Skills “Library” Escape Room – 4th & 5th Grade
- Locked in the Library Story
- Dictionary Skills Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a look at what this escape room looks like in this.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 2nd and 3rd grade version but with passages and questions on a 4th and 5th grade level.