Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room for 4th Grade
⭐ This 4th grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for St. Patrick’s Day! Students navigate their way out of a dungeon in Blarney Castle where they have been trapped for stealing Lucky the Leprechaun’s gold coins. To escape, students complete four unique math standards-based challenges. The challenges require students to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and creating patterns. Students add their answers to the St. Patrick’s Day Magical Decoding Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students earn items used for each step on their way out of the castle. This resource is a great St. Patrick’s Day activity and printable and digital versions are included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The St. Patrick’s Day Magical Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable St. Patrick’s Day Magical Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing mathematics skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: St. Patrick’s Day themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and creating patterns.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep.: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
4th Grade Lucky’s Map Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Lucky the Leprechaun’s Letter
- Challenge #1: Addition to find the map
- Challenge #2: Subtraction to solve Alwan the Troll’s clue
- Challenge #3: Multiplication and Division to solve Fairy Flossy’s clue
- Challenge #4: Creating patterns to build a pair of shoes and reveal the hideout
- Escape from the Castle Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool