Mount Olympus Greek Mythology Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd – Fiction Reading Review
⭐ This 2nd and 3rd grade Greek Mythology and reading comprehension fiction review escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students read Greek myths and answer skill-based questions as they work their way to Mount Olympus and discover what common theme binds the tales together. Students must recover the Stone of Zeus, the Gift of Fire, the Ship of Theseus, and the Wax Wings. In this escape room, students complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to read the Greek myths and then answer the questions to discover clues. Students add their answers to the Mythology Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge.
⭐ This Greek Mythology reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Mythology Decoder Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and Greek Mythology storyline all come together to engage students while developing and reviewing fiction reading comprehension skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Greek Mythology backstory, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Mount Olympus Greek Mythology Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Greek Mythology Story
- 4 Reading Fiction Comprehension Review Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Best Detective Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th and 5th grade version, but with passages and questions on a 2nd and 3rd grade level.