Paired Fiction & Nonfiction Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
⭐ Unleash a world of adventure in your classroom with this Paired Fiction & Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Escape Room & Webscape for 2nd and 3rd graders! This unique reading comprehension activity combines the adventure of a virtual camping-themed escape room with reading comprehension skills associated with paired fiction and nonfiction texts.
⭐ Students read passages and answer skill-based questions to complete each of the four challenges and collect their camping badges: fire safety, wildlife badge, foraging badge, and navigation badge. Each challenge requires students to read passages and correctly answer skill-based questions to discover clues. Students use their Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge.
⭐ This reading comprehension review escape room comes in the following digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Camping Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing reading comprehension skills.
⭐ Engage your students in a thrilling educational journey with our Paired Fiction & Nonfiction Camping Escape Room Webscape. Turn your classroom into a dynamic learning environment today!
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important fiction and nonfiction skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Paired Fiction & Nonfiction Camping Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Camping Story
- Paired Fiction & Nonfiction Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th and 5th grade version but with passages and questions on a 2nd and 3rd grade level.