Summarizing Stories in Wonderland Escape Room & Webscape™ – 4th & 5th Grade
⭐ This 4th and 5th grade summarizing stories escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students navigate their way to the Mad Hatter’s Annual Tea Party by finding the magic mushroom, unlocking the door, winning a game of croquet against the queen, and locating the Cheshire Cat. Students complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to use summarizing skills. Students add their answers to the Secret Wonderland Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret code and complete each challenge. Students earn items used to determine the location of the tea party and earn their official invitation certificate.
⭐ This Wonderland reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Secret Wonderland Decoder Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing reading comprehension skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using the Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Alice in Wonderland Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Invitation letter to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party
- Challenge #1: Determine the theme to find the magic mushroom
- Challenge #2: Determine the details that support the theme to unlock the door
- Challenge #3: Identify the correct summary of a text to win the game of croquet
- Challenge #4: Theme and summary challenge to find the invisible cat
- Escaping Wonderland Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 2nd and 3rd grade version, but with passages on a 4th and 5th grade level.