Be My Valentine Geometry Project Based Learning – 4th Grade
⭐Be my Valentine geometry is a project based learning task that involves using 4th grade math standards to celebrate Valentine’s Day. In this project, your students will make valentines to give to their classmates, friends, and family. This resource contains a standards-based unit in both printable PDF and Google Slides versions – so it’s the perfect activity to increase engagement and interest in any classroom. Additional “challenge activities” engage students and develop further understanding of the concepts and skills.
⭐ This project-based learning task involves using the following CCSS math standards to solve problems related to celebrating Valentine’s Day.
- 4.NF.B.A Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication to multiply a fraction by a whole number.
- 4.MD.C.5 Recognize angles as geometric shapes that are formed wherever two rays share a common endpoint and understand concepts of angle measurement.
- 4.MD.C.6 Measure angles in whole-number degrees using a protractor. Sketch angles of specified measure.
- 4.G.A.1 Draw points, lines, line segments, rays, angles (right, acute, obtuse), and perpendicular and parallel lines. Identify these in two-dimensional figures.
- 4.G.A.2 Classify two-dimensional figures based on the presence or absence of parallel or perpendicular lines or the presence or absence of angles of a specified size. Recognize right triangles as a category and identify right triangles.
- 4.G.A.3 Recognize a line of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure as a line across the figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts. Identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
✏️ Printable & Digital Format – Printable PDF & Google Slides formats make this resource perfect for classroom instruction, distance learning, and everywhere in between. Digital and printable versions are consistent so that they can be used for combination classroom and virtual instruction situations.
✏️ Educational & Engaging – This resource will capture the imagination of your students while they practice key math skills.
✏️ Differentiation – Three challenge activities mean that you can challenge your high-performing students while making the resource accessible to your on-level and below-level students.
- Teacher Directions & Standards Addressed
- Student Directions
- Classroom Valentines (Identifying Polygons, Perimeter)
- Sweet Treats (Partitioning Shapes, Area)
- Quadrilateral Cards (Quadrilaterals, Area & Perimeter)
- Valentine’s Day Chocolates (Area & Perimeter, Measuring Angles)
- Challenge #1: Word Problems
- Challenge #2: Create a Valentine
- Self-Reflection & Evaluation
- Answer Key
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Looking for more differentiation? Check out the 5th grade version!
Trip to the Aquarium – Project Based Learning – 4th Grade Math
Thanksgiving Feast – Project Based Learning – 4th Grade Math
Ice Cream Truck Mania: Math Project Based Learning – 4th Grade
4th Grade Math Project Based Learning – Back to School
Supermarket Spree (Budget, Money) Project Learning – 4th Grade
Algebraic Thinking “Soccer” Project Based Activity – 4th Grade
Pizza Fractions Project Based Learning Activity – 4th Grade
Measure Twice, Cut Once: Quilting Project Learning – 4th Grade
4th Grade Build a Zoo Project Based Learning
Design a Bedroom Math Project Based Learning – 4th Grade
Cupcakes Galore! Project Learning – 4th Grade
There are no reviews yet.