4th Grade Florida BEST Reading Comprehension Bundle
⭐️If you’re looking for consistent and effective reading passage units that fit the new Florida BEST standards, this is the year long reading bundle for you! Each skill focused unit contains Lexile leveled passages, anchor charts, and question sets – so you’ll have everything you need to model, teach, and practice key 4th grade reading skills. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 4th Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
⭐️Includes anchor charts, guided practice, many Lexile leveled passages, and assessments for every standard.
⭐️This growing bundle contains some of my 4th grade Florida BEST reading comprehension. But more will be added to this bundle soon.
*Please Note: Many of these passages are also used in my Common Core Comprehension Units. If you previously purchased the 4th Grade Reading Comprehension Mega Bundle, you can redownload the mega bundle and follow the instructions in the bonus file to avoid being charged for similar content.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 4th & 5th grade Text Complexity Band (the range for fourth & fifth grade is 740L – 1010L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original and adopted texts, engaging photos, and custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- ELA.4.R.1.1 / 5.R.1.1 Plot
- ELA.4.R.1.2 / 5.R.1.2 Theme Development
- ELA.4.R.1.3 Point of View & Perspective
- ELA.4.V.1.3 / 5.V.1.3 Context Clues in Fiction
- ELA.4.V.1.3 / 5.V.1.3 Context Clues
- ELA.4.R.1.4 Rhyme & Structure
- ELA.4.R.2.1 Text Features & Structure
- ELA.4.R.2.2 / 5.R.2.2 Central Idea
- ELA.4.R.2.3 / 5.R.2.3 Author’s Purpose & Perspective
- ELA.4.R.2.4 / 5.R.2.4 Author’s Claims
- ELA.4.R.3.2 / 5.R.3.2 Summarize Nonfiction
- ELA.4.R.3.2 / 5.R.3.2 Summarize in Fiction
- ELA.4.R.3.3 / 5.R.3.3 Compare & Contrast
- 5th Grade Affixes Unit & Task Cards
- Dictionary Skills w/ Google Slides Distance Learning
- Thesaurus Skills w/ Google Slides Distance Learning
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.