Virtual Field Trip: 3 Branches of Government
⭐Let’s all take a field trip! In this Virtual Field Trip, students will explore Washington D.C. to learn about the 3 branches of government. This virtual field trip in Google Slides & Seesaw contains video links, images, reading passages, exercises, writing activities, and more! Teach your students all about the 3 branches of government with this fun virtual field trip activity!
⭐This resource integrates a variety of social studies and reading skills. Students also complete reading and writing assignments along with watching videos and completing thought-provoking exercises. Incorporates key reading comprehension, writing, multimedia, interdisciplinary studies, and other skills.
⭐Check Out MORE Social Studies Virtual Field Trips In The GROWING BUNDLE!
✏️Google Slides & Seesaw Formats – These interactive formats are perfect for classroom and distance learning. Slides are interactive and can be used as a fun and engaging exercise within the classroom or remotely.
✏️Engaging Interactive Slides & Virtual Video Read Alouds – Interactive slides & virtual video read-aloud take students inside the action.
✏️Reading Comprehension – Integrates key reading comprehension skills, multimedia, multiple sources, and more.
✏️Writing & Social Studies – This virtual field trip helps students understand more about the world around them and uses writing prompts to explore their reactions and ideas.
- History of the White House
- Where Is the White House?
- Before You Go: What’s a Democracy?
- Let’s Take a Tour of Washington D.C.
- The Three Branches of Government
- Stop #1: The White House
- The Executive Branch at the White House
- The Executive Branch: The President
- The Executive Branch: True or False
- Let’s Explore: The White House
- Stop #2: The U.S. Capitol Building
- The Legislative Branch at the U.S. Capitol
- What Does the Legislative Branch do?
- Let’s Recap: The Powers of Congress
- Stop #3: The Supreme Court Building
- The Judicial Branch at Supreme Court
- Let’s Learn: What Can the Justices Do?
- Checks and Balances
- Let’s Review: The 3 Branches of Government
- Compare & Contrast: The 3 Branches
- Stop #4: The Washington Monument
- The Washington Monument Timeline
- Stop #5: The Lincoln Memorial
- More to Explore!
*Please note: This resource includes links to YouTube videos, so ensure you and your students have access to YouTube before purchasing. Although great care has been taken to ensure all content is appropriate for the stated grade levels, each classroom is unique and it is recommended that teachers review all content prior to use. I recommend embedding the videos to avoid ads and other content that may be inappropriate. Instructions for embedding the videos are included and it should only take a few minutes. Also, keep in mind that any links to third-party content may be changed or removed by the content owner. All links are reviewed regularly; however, if you find a broken link, please let me know so I can update the resource accordingly.
Time to Complete:
This virtual field trip takes approximately 1 hour to complete. The time it takes to complete can vary based on your students. It can be completed in one session or broken up into multiple sessions.