Virtual Field Trip to the Ocean
⭐️Let’s all take a field trip! In this Virtual Field Trip, students learn about Earth’s oceans, marine biology, kelp forests, trenches, ocean animals, and more! This virtual field trip contains embedded videos, images, reading passages, exercises, maps, and more.
⭐️This resource integrates a variety of skills. Integrates adaptation and biodiversity concepts. Students also complete reading and writing assignments along with watching videos and completing thought-provoking exercises. Incorporates key reading comprehension, writing, multimedia, science, and other skills.
- For any particular environment, some kinds of organisms survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all. (3-LS4-3)
LS4.D: Biodiversity and Humans
- Populations live in a variety of habitats and change in those habitats affects the organisms living there. (3-LS4-4)
*Please note: This resource includes YouTube videos, so ensure you and your students have access to YouTube before purchasing. Although great care has been taken to ensure all content is appropriate for the stated grade levels, each classroom is unique and it is recommended that teachers review all content prior to use. This resource uses links to third party content that may be changed or removed by the content owner. Links are reviewed regularly; however, if you find a broken link, please let me know so I can update the resource accordingly.
✏️Google Slides Format – This interactive format is perfect for distance learning. Slides are interactive and can be used as a fun and engaging exercise within the classroom or remotely.
✏️Engaging Interactive Maps & Virtual Video Tours – Interactive maps & virtual video tours take students inside the action.
✏️Reading Comprehension – Integrates key reading skills like compare & contrast, multimedia, multiple sources, and more.
✏️Writing & Science – Virtual field trip helps students understand more about the world around them and uses writing prompts to explore their reactions and ideas.
- Earth’s Oceans Video & Map
- Marine Biologist Job Description & Video
- Ticket to the Ocean!
- Pacific Ocean Passage
- Kelp Forest Video
- Mariana Trench Video
- Atlantic Ocean Photo Observation
- Animal Partnerships Video
- Bottlenose Dolphin Adaptations
- Indian Ocean Seagrasses & Dugongs
- Arctic Ocean: Whale & Walrus Adaptations
- Southern Ocean Passage
- Research Notes
- Other Places to Explore!
*Answer Key Included
This resource is suitable for the following grade levels:
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: With teacher modeling, whole class, or small groups.
- 4th & 5th Grade: Independent for on-level students.
Time to Complete: