Task Cards Bundle for 2nd & 3rd Grade
⭐️ These task cards for 2nd & 3rd grade are perfect for practicing all reading literature and informational text Common Core standards. It also includes other important reading strategies and skills that aren’t included in the Common Core Standards.
⭐️ If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for practicing and reinforcing asking and answering questions skills. Aligns with many state-specific standards, including TEKS and VA SOL.
⭐️ Color and black-line versions provided.
*** ALL TASK CARD SETS IN THIS BUNDLE ARE ALSO AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY ***
- Ask and Answer Questions in Fiction
- Characters Respond to Problems
- Words and Phrases in Literature
- Story Structure
- Character Point of View
- Using Illustrations
- Compare & Contrast Stories
- Ask and Answer Questions in Nonfiction
- Main Topic
- Connections in Nonfiction
- Context Clues in Nonfiction
- Text Features
- Nonfiction Text Purpose
- Reasons Support Points
- Compare Nonfiction
- Point of View in Nonfiction
- Text Structure in Nonfiction
- Figurative Language
- Context Clues in Stories
- Parts of Stories, Dramas, and Poems
- Problem and Solution
- Character Traits
- Making Inferences
Feel free to email me with other comprehension sets you would like to see added! email@example.com
✏️ Centers – These are perfect to use in centers and independent/partner work.
✏️ Scoot – Pass out one card for each student. Set a timer and say, “scoot!” when the timer goes off. Students move seats to the next card. They continue to rotate until they are back in their original seat.
✏️ Scavenger Hunt – Hide cards around the room. Students search for cards and answer them.
✏️ Games – Number block tower blocks. Students stack the blocks, then take turns pulling blocks. Students answer the corresponding number card.
✏️ Whole-Class Practice – Teacher displays card on the projector. Students answer on mini-whiteboards.
✏️ Exit Tickets – Give each student a task card at the end of the lesson. Have them answer on a sticky note.
- 30 short passages with various text structures
- 1 Multiple Choice Question for Each Passage
- Challenge Card
- Recording Template
- Answer Key
- Available in Color or Black-Line