Month of July Differentiated Reading Passages – 4th & 5th Grade
⭐️This July themed Lexile leveled differentiated reading passages unit is the perfect way to send your students off on a literary voyage this summer. Designed for 4th and 5th graders, these passages and question sets build comprehension, help students connect with the season, and offer a great opportunity for review.
July Monthly Themed Differentiated Passages:
- 6 Lexile Leveled Passages
- Each Passage is Differentiated Across 2 Lexile Levels in the 4th-5th Grade Text Complexity Band (the range for 4th-5th grade is 740-1010).
- Reading Comprehension Questions for Each Passage
- Standard Based Graphic Organizers for Each Passage
- Reading Response Activity for Each Passage
⭐️Open up your student’s minds to a treasure chest of engagement! These July Lexile leveled differentiated passages include themed stories about the Fourth of July, the History of Pies, the Meadow Lake Summer Camp, and many more thrilling tales.
⭐️With a variety of fiction and nonfiction passages, students are provided with diverse practice opportunities and a rigorous challenge. Pack your student’s imaginations and join in on this summer kick-off reading voyage, where every page is a new adventure!
✏️ Great Spiral Review – Summer themed reading comprehension passages & question sets incorporate a variety of reading comprehension skills. Focus skills are spiraled each month.
✏️ Passage Variety – Passages are themed for the month of May to include holidays and special days, but incorporate diverse topics and span both literature and informational genres.
✏️Engaging – Summer themed stories and passages are written with 4th and 5th graders in mind. The topics are selected to be highly engaging and motivating, while also building background knowledge about a wide range of diverse topics.
✏️Skill Focused – This reading comprehension unit integrates text and activities to help students understand the concepts and stay engaged in the material.
✏️Scaffolding – This reading unit utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard-based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
- Fourth of July – Focus on main idea (810L, 1000L)
- How to Make Popsicles – Focus on sequence (780L, 910L)
- The History of Pies – Focus on timeline (790L, 1000L)
- Sign More, Please – Focus on structure (Drama)
- Meadow Lake Summer Camp – Focus on character analysis (750L, 930L)
- Sweet Release – Focus on sensory details (Poem)
*Answer Key Included
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.