⭐️Over 250 printable and digital passages including nonfiction, fiction stories, fables, myths, tall tales, folktales, fairytales, plays, and poems aligned to each 3rd grade Common Core standard. Includes all of the CCSS informational text and reading literature standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 3rd Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
⭐️ If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard based question sets, and a corresponding standards based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 3rd grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for second and third grade is 420L-820L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and custom content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
Teachers Just ❤️LOVE❤️ This Resource:
★ Shari P. said, “I am in AWE o the scope and sequence of this amazing bundle! I cannot WAIT to use it in my classroom! Such a GREAT resource! Thanks for all of your hard work!”
★ Katheryne A. said “I have gone back and forth on whether to buy this and always balked at the price, but I finally took the plunge. I’m so glad I did! This bundle has everything! I love that it’s differentiated and the passages are always high interest. The color coding is BRILLIANT and really helps my students dig into the text to make sure they are finding their answer.”
★ Shawnice T. said, “I LOVE IT! I’m super impressed. So glad I came across you on here. Wonderful work.”
★ The Lifetime Learner said, “If I could give this an A+++++++++++++++ rating, I would! I’ve been buying resources from TPT since 2013 and it is really hard to find high-quality reading resources that FULLY cover each third grade Common Core standard and TRULY prepare kids for end of the year testing. There are so many other resources out there that are filled with fluff or simply aren’t rigorous enough. This one was EXACTLY what I was looking for and it covers every single standard–yay!! I am so excited to use this and I know my students will grow leaps and bounds with this material. I previously bought one of your units to try and it worked so well in my classroom that I knew I had to have the bundle! I am only sorry I didn’t find your store sooner! Thank you!!”
This bundle contains all of the resources listed below.
1. Answer Questions in Non Fiction Text- RI.2.1 & RI.3.1
2. Topic, Main Idea, & Details Reading Comprehension- RI.2.2 & RI.3.2
3. Connect Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, Steps in Procedures- RI.2.3 & RI.3.3
4. Context Clues in Non Fiction Text- RI.2.4 & RI.3.4
5. Nonfiction Text Features – 2nd Grade RI.2.5 & 3rd Grade RI.3.5
6. Author’s Point of View- RI.3.6
7. Non Fiction Text Images- RI.2.7 & RI.3.7
8. Text Structure: Connecting Sentences and Paragraphs- RI.3.8
9. Compare and Contrast Informational Texts on the Same Topic- RI.2.9 & RI.3.9
10. Read and Comprehend Informational Text- RI.2.10 & RI.3.10
1. Answer Questions in Fiction Text- RL.3.1
2. Aesop’s Fables- RL.3.2
3. Folktales and Fairytales From Around the World- RL.3.2
4. Recount Tall Tales- RL.3.2
5. Greek Myths- RL.3.2
6. Describe Characters in a Story- RL.3.3
7. Figurative Language in Poetry and Stories- RL.3.4
8. Context Clues in Fiction Stories- 3rd Grade RL.3.4
9. Text Structure in Stories, Plays, & Poems- RL.3.5
10. Point of View- 2nd & 3rd Grade- RL.2.6 & RL.3.6
11. Understanding Text & Illustrations- 2nd & 3rd Grade RL.2.7 & RL.3.7
12. Compare and Contrast Stories in a Series- 3rd grade RL.3.9
13. Comprehend Literature- 2nd & 3rd Grade RL.2.10 & RL.3.10
Magicore is a Certified Lexile Partner:
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.