⭐️Students of all reading levels can learn and practice comprehending nonfiction texts with these 24 unique passages. Texts are Lexile® certified close reading comprehension passages and question sets that span CCSS Text Complexity Bands for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.
⭐️Reading comprehension passages are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing reading comprehension skills. Aligned to CCSS RI2.10 &RI3.10, RI4.10 & RI.5.10, students learn to use text evidence to answer questions.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for helping students learn context clues skills.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and four skills-focused test passages. Questions for passages focus on the specific standard for each grade range.
⭐️Broad differentiation makes this bundle perfect for:
- 2nd & 3rd grade classes with on, and above- level readers
- 4th & 5th grade classes with below and on-level readers
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 2nd grade/3rd grade and 4th grade/5th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for second and third grade is 420L-820L and the range for fourth and fifth grade is 740L-1010L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard-based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard-based essay and multiple-choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality photographs designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
★ Casey D. said, “WOW! Great articles and love the accountability of going back into the text to find the answers! GREAT!”
★ Sarah W. said, “High interest passages at a variety of Lexile levels. I like that students are required to provide evidence for their answers. My 3rd graders really enjoyed working on these. I preferred to use them in small groups. Thank you!”
★ Crystal M. said, “This was an absolute lifesaver. My students and I both loved using it. We learned a lot of great information as we read. Thank you for a great resource.”
Resource 1: Comprehending Informational & Nonfiction Text – 2nd & 3rd Grade RI.2.10 RI.3.10
1. Reading Comprehension Journal Page & Anchor Chart
2. Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Practice Passages & Question Sets
- The Effects of the Sun- 480L
- How to Make Tacos- 490L
- Lions and Tigers! Oh My!- 520L
- Dear Mr. Saunders- 530L
- Henry “Box” Brown- 560L
- The Spectacular Seahorse- 680L
- Hershey’s Chocolate- 740L
- Malala Yousafzai- 700L
- Pluto the Plutoid- 710L
- Roswell Mystery- 820
3. Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Test Passages & Question Sets
- Laura Ingalls Wilder- 680L
- Christmas in Mexico- 770L
Resource 2: Comprehend Scientific, Historical, & Technical Text RI.4.10 RI.5.10
- Scientific Texts Anchor Chart & Journal Page
- The Solar System- 790L
- Water All Around- 820L
- Black Widow Spiders- 880L
- Newton’s Laws of Motion- 970L
- Historical Texts Anchor Chart & Journal Page
- Harriet Tubman- 790L
- The Roswell Mystery- 820L
- The Great Wall of China- 940L
- The Salem Witch Trials- 940L
- Technical Texts Anchor Chart & Journal Page
- How to Plant a Seed- 850L
- What Happens When We Burp?- 830L
- Which Way Does the Wind Blow?- 930L
- Radio-Controlled Toys- 980L
- Thunder and Lightning- 790L
- Laura Ingalls Wilder- 810L
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
2nd Grade Reading Comprehension
3rd Grade Reading Comprehension
4th Grade Reading Comprehension
5th Grade Reading Comprehension
Bundle up and save!
2nd Grade Reading Comprehension MEGA Bundle
3rd Grade Reading Comprehension MEGA Bundle
4th Grade Reading Comprehension MEGA Bundle
5th Grade Reading Comprehension MEGA Bundle
There are no reviews yet.