⭐️Students love these printable and digital stories, illustrations, comics, poems, audio recordings, and videos. Perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing 4th & 5th-grade connections between presentations in visuals and multimedia skills for RL.4.7 & RL.5.7. Fourth and Fifth grade students learn to make connections between the text and a visual, oral, or multimedia presentation and analyze how visual elements contribute to the https://cckresourcesfall2020.s3.amazonaws.com/RL.4.7-5.7ConnectionsBetweenPresentations.zipmeaning and tone of a text. This resource seamlessly infuses technology and reading.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching or reinforcing these skills.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and two skills focused test passages. Original comics, videos of dramas, and illustrations are sure to keep your fourth and fifth graders engaged.
⭐️The printable PDF and digital versions are both included with this product for classroom and distance learning needs. The digital version is compatible with Google Drive and Google Slides, and can be downloaded from Google Slides into PowerPoint.
This product includes links to two MP3 audio files and four MP4 video files. Adequate software, internet, and equipment are required.
✏️Lexile Levels – The 3 stories include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 4th and 5th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for fourth and fifth grade is 740L-1010L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – The color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages and activities are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original comics, videos of dramas, and illustrations. Designed to engage students of all levels and interests, this unit is sure to keep your fourth and fifth graders engaged.
★ Indiana No Fluff Stuff said, “This is the best resource available for the standard, kids will enjoy it and it makes your life easier! It is awesome and very comprehensive, I love the length of the passage available. We used every single one of these in some capacity and the kids really enjoyed doing it.”
★ Lisa K. said simply, “My kids LOVED these activities!”
★ Sunshineand5th said, “I love everything that you create, but this was truly a God-send. It’s so incredibly difficult finding rigorous material covering this standard. I was beyond pleased with this product.”
1. Connections Between Text & Visual, Oral, & Multimedia Presentations Anchor Chart & Journal Page
2. Practice Poems & Question Sets
- Poem: “Landing of the Pilgrim Fathers” (Excerpt) by Felicia Dorothea Hemans (audio recording, text, & images)
- Poem: “Her Hands” by Anna Hempstead Branch (audio recording, text, & images)
3. Practice Plays & Question Sets
- Play: The Bedlam’s Best Pets (video, text, & images)
- Play: Treasure Hunters (video, text, & images)
- Play: Wanted: New Familiars (video, text, & images)
4. Practice Stories & Question Sets
- Story: The Swamp Monster of Dawes Hollow- 850L (text & images)
- Story: Unique- 740L (text & images)
5. Practice Comics & Question Sets
- Comic: When Life Gives You Lemons
- Comic: Slumber Party Sleuths
- Comic: Trouble in the Woods
6. Test Passages & Question Sets
- Story: Journey on the Oregon Trail- 750L (text & images)
- Play: The Ghost in the Attic (text, video, & images)
*Each passage and question set is 4-6 pages long.
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
This resource is available in a Skill Pack Bundle that contains six different resources focused on this specific reading skill – including lesson plans, digital mini-lessons, guided readers, task cards, and Boom Cards.
Similar resources are available for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade.