Expository Writing Passages and Prompts – 4th & 5th Grade
⭐ This expository writing passages and prompts unit contains five sets of original Lexile leveled passages with corresponding expository prompts. Printable PDF & Digital Google Slides versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning. Leveled specifically for 4th & 5th grade, students use the passages and corresponding prompts to write their own reports on each topic.
⭐ This unit is perfect for standardized test prep or to be used as an assessment to demonstrate 4th & 5th grade expository writing mastery.
⭐ This resource is aligned to Common Core Standards W.4.2 and W.5.2. If you don’t use Common Core, this resource can still be used to teach and develop expository writing skills. Aligns with many state specific standards like TEAKS and VASOL.
**This resource can be used on its own or alongside my Report Writing with Google Slides Unit. Both units are available at a lower price as a bundle.
✏️ Certified Lexile Levels: This resource contains 5 sets of certified Lexile leveled passages that students use as resources for their expository report writing. Each passage is specifically crafted to fall within the 4th & 5th grade text complexity band.
✏️ Test Prep Ready: Writing prompts mimic many standardized test assessments, making this resource perfect for test prep.
✏️ Integrated Assessment: Included rubric makes self and teacher assessment easy.
✏️ Highly Engaging: Each topic is selected to be educational and engaging. Original texts and illustrations are crafted specifically for 4th & 5th grade readers.
✏️ Flexible Formats: Printable and digital versions are perfect for in-person and remote learning. Google Slides version is compatible with Google Classroom and can be downloaded in PowerPoint to integrate with Microsoft Teams.
1. Passage & Prompt Set 1: (The Sewing Machine)
- Source 1: The Invention of the Sewing Machine
- Source 2: How to Use a Sewing Machine
2. Passage & Prompt Set 2: (Beekeeping)
- Source 1: The Development of the Domesticated Beehive
- Source 2: What Goes on in a Beehive?
- Source 3: Tips for a Wannabe Beekeeper
3. Passage & Prompt Set 3: (The Great Depression)
- Source 1: It Wasn’t Just the Stock Market: Other Causes of the Great Depression
- Source 2: The Great Stock Market Crash: October 29th, 1929
- Source 3: What Happened During the Great Depression?
4. Passage & Prompt Set 4: (Charles Darwin)
- Source 1: Who Was Charles Darwin?
- Source 2: Evolution and Natural Selection, Explained
5. Passage & Prompt Set 5: (Wildfires)
- Source 1: What are Wildfires?
- Source 2: Wildfires: The Serious Consequences
- Source 3: Benefits of Wildfires
- Source 4: Wildfires: Control and Prevention
6. Standards-Based Scoring Rubric
Expository Writing Bundle with Google Slides Distance Learning 4th & 5th Grade
Passages & Prompts Writing Bundle 4th and 5th Grade Google Slides Distance Learning
Report Expository Writing with Google Slides Distance Learning 4th and 5th Grade
Narrative Writing Passages and Prompts with Google Slides Distance Learning 4th and 5th Grade
Opinion Writing Passages and Prompts with Google Slides Distance Learning 4th and 5th Grade
There are no reviews yet.