⭐️Over 125 passages including stories, poems, dramas, and plays aligned to each 5th grade Common Core fiction standard. The digital Google Slides format is perfect for distance learning. Includes units on all of the CCSS literature standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 5th Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band. If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard-based question sets, and a corresponding standards-based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
⭐️This printable resource is compatible with Google Drive and Google Slides.
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 5th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for fourth and fifth grade is 740L-1010L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – The color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard-based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard-based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and custom content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
❤ Barb A. said, “Perfect for 5th graders”
❤ Melissa W. said, “Love it so much, bought the Nonfiction Bundle!”
❤ Megan R. said, “This is so handy for a quick hit of the standards.”
This bundle contains all of the resources listed below.
1. Inferences in Literature 4th Grade RL.4.1 and 5th Grade RL.5.1
2. Theme in Stories Plays and Poems 4th Grade RL.4.2 and 5th Grade RL.5.2
3. Compare and Contrast Characters, Settings, and Events 5th Grade RL.5.3
4. Context Clues in Stories 4th Grade RL.4.4 & 5th Grade RL.5.4
5. Figurative Language in Poetry and Prose 4th Grade RL.4.4 & 5th Grade RL.5.4
6. Text Structure in Stories, Poems and Plays 4th Grade RL.4.5 & 5th Grade RL.5.5
7. Compare and Contrast Point of View – 4th Grade RL.4.6 & 5th Grade RL.5.6
8. Visuals and Multimedia in Fiction – 4th Grade RL.4.7 & 5th Grade RL.5.7
9. Compare & Contrast Stories in the Same Genre – 5th Grade RL.5.9
10. Reading Comprehension – 4th Grade RL.4.10 & 5th Grade RL.5.10
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.