Analyze Form & Structure: Poem or Drama – 7th Grade
⭐️These 12 printable Lexile® leveled passages are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing form & structure skills for 7th grade. Aligned to RL.7.5, students learn to analyze how a drama’s or poem’s form or structure (e.g., soliloquy, sonnet) contributes to its meaning.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching how to analyze form & structure of a poem or drama to 7th grade students.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and two skills focused test passages. Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied within the seventh grade and eighth grade text complexity band.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 7th & 8th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for sixth through eighth grade is 925L to 1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality images designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- Analyzing Form and Structure Anchor Chart
- Analyzing Form and Structure Practice Work
- The Fall (Drama – Tragedy)
- The Forest Heals Me (Poem – Ballad)
- A Beloved Book (Poem – Ode)
- Choosing Sides (Drama – Historical)
- Space Race (Poem – Limerick)
- Stealing the Spotlight (Drama – Melodrama)
- Encounter (Poem – Sonnet)
- First Day on the Job (Drama – Comedy)
- Your Untimely Demise (Poem – Elegy)
- Upon the Sea (Poem – Free Verse)
- A Mapmaking Mission (Drama – Historical)
- Sweet Saturday (Poem – Ode)