⭐️Over 250 printable and digital passages including nonfiction, fiction stories, fables, tall tales, folktales, fairytales, plays, and poems aligned to each 2nd grade Common Core standard. Includes all of the CCSS informational text and reading literature standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 2nd Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
⭐️ If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard-based question sets, and a corresponding standards-based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 2nd grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for second and third grade is 420L-820L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and original content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
❤ Stacy P. said, “This has been a great standards based resource that has helped my class. I use it in small groups and see so much improvement in my students and their ability to provide text evidence. Thank you!”
❤ Jennifer C. said, “This resource has been great to use with my reading groups to cover all the standards. Very good resource and the kids really enjoy the material.”
❤ Sarah P. said, “THIS.IS.PERFECT! I cannot wait to continue to read through all of these materials! We are wrapping up the last 9 weeks of school, and will revisit most of these standards just as a review, but I am already thinking about how wonderful all of this will be for next year. I love that there are differentiated stories, for different level learners. I love that the fonts and graphics are age appropriate. There is nothing I would change. And the customer service for this vendor is unmatched!”
This bundle contains all of the resources listed below.
Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passage Units:
1. Answer Questions in Nonfiction Text- RI.2.1 & RI.3.1
2. Topic, Main Idea, & Details Reading Comprehension- RI.2.2 & RI.3.2
3. Connect Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, Steps in Procedures- RI.2.3 & RI.3.3
4. Context Clues in Non Fiction Text- RI.2.4 & RI.3.4
5. Nonfiction Text Features and Search Tools- RI.2.5 & RI.3.5
6. Author’s Purpose- To Answer, Explain, or Describe- RI.2.6
7. Author’s Point of View- RI.3.6
8. Non Fiction Text Images- RI.2.7 & RI.3.7
9. How Reasons Support Points- RI.2.7 & RI.3.7
10. Text Structure: Connecting Sentences and Paragraphs- RI.3.8
11. Compare and Contrast Informational Texts on the Same Topic- RI.2.9 & RI.3.9
12. Read and Comprehend Informational Text- RI.2.10 & RI.3.10
Fiction Reading Comprehension Passage Units:
1. Answer Questions in Fiction Text- RL.2.1
2. Aesop’s Fables- RL.2.2
3. Folktales and Fairytales From Around the World- RL.2.2
4. Recount Tall Tales- RL.2.2
5. How Characters Respond to Major Events and Challenges- RL.2.3
6. Words and Phrases in Poetry- RL.2.4
7. Story Structure- 2nd Grade RL.2.5
8. Point of View- 2nd & 3rd Grade- RL.2.6 & RL.3.6
9. Understanding Text & Illustrations- 2nd & 3rd Grade RL.2.7 & RL.3.7
10. Compare and Contrast Different Versions of Stories- RL.2.9
11. Comprehend Literature- 2nd & 3rd Grade RL.2.10 & RL.3.10