4th & 5th Grade Guided Reading Bundle
⭐️ Each guided reading unit in this bundle includes professionally Lexile leveled readers differentiated at 3 levels, lesson plans, graphic organizers, fluency checks, and more. Each guided reading book is available in four formats – as a printable PDF, printable booklet, online reader with recorded read aloud, and Google Slides. Printable and digital versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning.
⭐️ Each unit contains guided readers differentiated at three different levels to span the entire 4th and 5th grade text complexity band. This Growing Bundle is designed to cover all of the fourth and fifth grade reading comprehension skills and standards you will need for the year.
⭐️ Skill Overview: Each reader focuses on general comprehension and guided reading skills, with a focus on one particular skill or standard.
⭐️Dynamic Formatting: These guided readers come in a multitude of printable and digital versions, so they work perfectly whether you are teaching in person, virtually, or a mix of the two! Digital flipbooks have a built-in read-aloud feature and are perfect for both classroom and distance learning. If you never used this amazing tool, CLICK HERE for an example from my Halloween freebie! You can also use these in the classroom as a center or for extra practice.
⭐️ Differentiated: Readers are differentiated across three levels so you can easily meet all of your student’s needs with the same texts and minimal planning.
⭐️ Audio Versions: All digital guided readers include an audio option for students to listen along.
⭐️ Comprehensive: Everything you need is included! All lesson plans, teacher questions, student questions, fluency checks, and graphic organizers are in these units.
⭐️ Engaging & Diverse: These resources include a combination of original and adapted texts selected to engage 2nd grade students. Texts were specifically written and selected to meet each lesson standard and to promote inclusiveness and diversity.
⭐️Full Week Lesson Plans: Each guided reading lesson is designed to take one week to complete and includes a full week of lesson plans. These units are flexible and can be extended if your students need more time.
Reading Literature Text
- RL.4.1/ 5.1 Inferences and Explicit Details in Fiction
- RL.4.2/ 5.2 Theme & Summarize Stories
- RL.4.3 Describe Characters, Settings, & Events
- RL.5.3 Compare Characters, Settings, & Events
- RL.4.4/ 5.4 Context Clues in Fiction
- RL.4.5/ 5.5 Literature Structure (Drama)
- RL.4.6 Point of View
- RL.5.6 Compare Point of View
- RL.4.7/ 5.7 Connections Between Text and Visual and Oral Representations
- RL.4.9 Compare & Contrast Stories and Themes
- RL.5.9 Compare & Contrast Stories in the Same Genre
- RL.4.10/ 5.10 Fiction Comprehension Review
Reading Informational Text
- RI.4.1/ 5.1 Inferences and Explicit Details in Nonfiction
- RI.4.2/ 5.2 Main Idea to Summarize
- RI.4.3/ 5.3 Connections in Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, and Technical Texts
- RI.4.4/ 5.4 Context Clues
- RI.4.5 Text Structure
- RI.5.5 Compare Text Structure
- RI.4.6 Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts
- RI.5.6 Analyze Accounts
- RI.4.7/ 5.7 Nonfiction Text Images
- RI.4.8/ 5.9 Reasons and Evidence
- RI.4.9/ 5.9 Integrate Information
- RI.4.10/ 5.10 Nonfiction Comprehension Review
*Many of the guided readers are the same for both 4th and 5th grade. This is factored into the price and the price difference is only for the readers that are not the same. Please refer to the list to see which units are the same for both grades.
*When using the online readers, please note that some browsers may auto-play the audio readings even though the auto-play functionality is disabled. If your browser is auto-playing the audio, simply flip to the second page then back to the first to stop the auto-play.
Not a problem! These resources also include a digital reader version accessible via any web browser. The Google Slides version of these units can be easily converted to PowerPoint for use with Microsoft Teams.