“Characters” Superhero Squad Escape Room & Webscape™ – 2nd & 3rd Grade
⭐ This 2nd and 3rd grade characters’ escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students work their way to building the ultimate superhero squad. In this escape room, students complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to use standards-based characters skills. Students will work on identifying character traits, evaluating characters’ responses, describing how a character learns or changes in challenges, and practicing character trait and development skills. Students add their answers to the Secret Superhero Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students recruit members of the superhero squad to earn a super squad leader certificate.
⭐ This reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Secret Superhero Decoder Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Secret Superhero Decoder Tool and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a superhero recruitment storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing character skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Superhero Squad Character Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Print and Digital Directions
- Read the mission letter.
- Challenge #1: Identify character traits to recruit the Solar Flare.
- Challenge #2: Evaluate how characters respond to problems to recruit Lady Lightning.
- Challenge #3: Describe how a character learns and/or changes in response to a challenge to recruit the Hunter.
- Challenge #4: Read a multi-paragraph story to practice character traits & development. Use your answers to recruit Midnight and complete your superhero squad.
- Super Squad Leader Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.