Fiction Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
⭐ This 2nd and 3rd grade fiction review escape room is a truly immersive experience. Students read passages and answer skill-based questions to help a little stingray find the mermaid princess. Students must search the kelp forest, follow the trail of human treasures left behind by the mermaid princess, free some fish from pieces of garbage, and finally catch up to the Mermaid Princess. In this escape room, students complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to read passages and then answer the questions to discover clues. Students add their answers to the Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge.
⭐ This reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Mermaid Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing fiction review skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Fiction Review “Catch the Mermaid” Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Catch the Mermaid Story
- Fiction Review Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th and 5th grade version but with passages and questions on a 2nd and 3rd grade level.
Reading Comprehension Escape Room Bundle – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Reading Comprehension “Houdini” Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Paired Fiction & Nonfiction Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Vocabulary Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Nonfiction Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade – Digital & Printable
Grammar Review – 2nd Grade Escape Room – Digital & Printable
Grammar Review – 3rd Grade Escape Room – Digital & Printable
Compare & Contrast – Pyramid Tomb Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Author’s Purpose “Under the Sea” Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Save the Planet Reasons Support Points Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Comprehension Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Secret Garden Poetry Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
There are no reviews yet.