Halloween Math Review Escape Room & Webscape™ – 2nd Grade
⭐ This 2nd grade math escape room is a low prep, immersive experience and themed perfectly for Halloween! Students complete challenges to help the ghost find its ghoulish friends. To complete these challenges students work through four math problem sets where they practice addition and subtraction, place value, graphs and charts, and geometry problems. Students add their answers to the Halloween Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This resource is highly engaging and easy to use with printable and digital formats included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Halloween Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Halloween Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing, enforcing, and reviewing measurement line plots skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. These videos enhance the escape rooms but are not required in order for them to complete the challenges.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Halloween-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on key mathematics skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
2nd Grade Halloween Math Review Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Challenge #1: Solve the addition and subtraction problems to find the mummy.
- Challenge #2: Solve the problems with place value to find the vampire.
- Challenge #3: Solve the problems with graphs and charts to find the pirate.
- Challenge #4: Solve the geometry problems to find the jack-o-lantern.
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
The Webscape and Google slides versions are self-grading; however, these versions are created to require critical thinking. Students are NOT told which answers are incorrect to prevent guessing and encourage students to think critically about the clues and their responses.
Math Escape Room GROWING Bundle – 2nd Grade
2nd Grade Math Catch an Elf Escape Room & Webscape™
Add & Subtract Four Numbers “Robot” 2nd Grade Math Escape Room
Money “Mermaid” Escape Room – 2nd Grade Math
Measurement Summer Sports Escape Room – 2nd Grade Math
2nd Grade Math Review – School Escape Room
Fractions 2nd Grade Math Escape Room
2D and 3D Shapes Geometry Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 2nd Grade
There are no reviews yet.