Halloween Math Review Escape Room & Webscape™ – 5th Grade
⭐ This 5th grade math escape room is a low prep, immersive experience and themed perfectly for Halloween! Students complete challenges to help the ghost find its ghoulish friends. To complete these challenges students work through four math problem sets where they practice multiplication, measurement, decimals, and fraction problems. Students add their answers to the Halloween Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This resource is highly engaging and easy to use with printable and digital formats included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Halloween Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Halloween Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing, enforcing, and reviewing measurement line plots skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. These videos enhance the escape rooms but are not required in order for them to complete the challenges.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Halloween-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on key mathematics skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
5th Grade Halloween Math Review Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Challenge #1: Solve the multiplication problems to find the mummy.
- Challenge #2: Solve the measurement problems to find the vampire.
- Challenge #3: Solve the problems with decimals to find the pirate.
- Challenge #4: Solve the fraction problems to find the jack-o-lantern.
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
The Webscape and Google slides versions are self-grading; however, these versions are created to require critical thinking. Students are NOT told which answers are incorrect to prevent guessing and encourage students to think critically about the clues and their responses.