Multiplication & Division – Monster Science Escape Room – 3rd Grade
⭐ This 3rd grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of mad scientists! Students complete challenges to conduct various experiments to evaluate and build a perfect team of monsters. To complete these four challenges: cuteness experiment, durability experiment, fear experiment, and appetite experiment, students work through four unique problem sets where they practice solving for the missing numbers, fact families, “finding the rule” and multiplication and division. Students add their answers to the Monster Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This resource is a great engaging and low prep activity with printable and digital versions included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Monster Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Monster Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a Monster Science Lab storyline come together to engage students while developing, enforcing, and reviewing mathematics skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Monster Lab-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of missing numbers, fact families, “finding the rule” and multiplication and division.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
3rd Grade Multiplication & Division – Monster Science Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Monster Lab Letter from the Mad Scientist
- Challenge #1: Solve the missing numbers problems to perform the Cuteness Experiment.
- Challenge #2: Solve the fact families problems to perform the Durability Experiment.
- Challenge #3: Solve the find the rule problems to perform the Fear Experiment.
- Challenge #4: Solve the multiplication and division problems to perform the Appetite Experiment.
- Escape the Science Lab Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th grade version but with problems and skills at a 3rd grade level.
Math Escape Room GROWING Bundle – 3rd Grade
Partitions and Fractions Geometry 3rd Grade Math Escape Room
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 3rd
Categorize Shapes Geometry Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 3rd Grade
There are no reviews yet.