Read & Write Numbers Escape Room – 2nd Grade Math
⭐ This 2nd grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of gamers! Students complete challenges to compete in the VR Game Builder Academy. To complete these challenges and create the best VR headset, students work through four math problem sets where they practice skip-counting, reading, writing, comparing numbers, and solving word problems. Students add their answers to the Video Game Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This resource is highly engaging and a low prep activity with printable and digital formats both included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Video Game Decoder Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Video Game Decoder Tool and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a VR game competition storyline come together to engage students while developing, enforcing, and reviewing counting, comparing, and number skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Video Game-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of skip-counting, reading, writing, and comparing numbers, and solving word problems.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
- Print and Digital Directions
- Email from Professor Game
- Challenge #1: Skip count to add geometry.
- Challenge #2: Read and write numbers to add health.
- Challenge #3: Compare numbers to add power up.
- Challenge #4: Solve the word problems to add multiplayer.
- Game Creation Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Math Escape Room GROWING Bundle – 2nd Grade
2nd Grade Math Review – School Escape Room
Fractions 2nd Grade Math Escape Room
2D and 3D Shapes Geometry Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 2nd Grade
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 2nd Grade
There are no reviews yet.